Sunday, February 12, 2012

Art Card Love

Check out this vintage wedding card...


It was given to my boss at the tea room on her wedding day in 1970 - I think she said it was from her aunt in France. Anyway, isn't it stunning?!  And you can't tell, but the card is huge ~ bigger than an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper. They absolutely don't make cards like this anymore. If they do, I need to find out where... and if they don't then maybe I need to be the one to bring them back!

She just dug it out of a box of old stuff she's storing at the tea room. I think she needs to frame it. Her aunt, or whoever it was that gave it to her,  absolutely nailed her personality with it.

2 comments:

  1. My parents got married in 1971 and my Great Grandma took this card and decoupaged onto a wooden plaque for them, along with their wedding invitation (transposed, somehow?). I have adored it since I was a child, and have long searched for the original image. I would absolutely LOVE to know the artist or any other info so that I could somehow hunt down an original card. Thank you so very much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My Great Grandmother somehow must have found a smaller version. Hers almost looks like a piece of stationary, and the entire plaque is only slightly larger than 5x7.

    ReplyDelete