Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap To It!

I hope you're doing cool things with your  Leap Day. Being that it's a Wednesday, and a wet, snowy, cold, windy one at that, it is more than likely a day just like any other for most. It certainly is around here. I wonder how many times February 29th has fallen on a weekend since I came into existence? I think I should find that out. Also, I think I should find out when the next time it falls on a weekend will be in my lifetime, so that I can plan a massive Leap Day party. Fun, right?!

I  noticed Leap Day doesn't seem to really have a particular theme, per se. But I think of it as kind of a quirky day. Not in an April Fool's or Friday the 13th kind of way... it just has a kind of je ne sais quoi about it, n'est-ce pas?

So in honour of this once-every-four-years occasion that helps stabilize our calendar, here is a quirky photo I snapped the other day on my way home from the tea room.


(Speaking of the tea room... I would like to take this moment to say that it is no longer my primary source of income! That's right... I finally got a career job! I'm an Instructional Designer for a company that consults and creates eLearning solutions for other companies. I officially start on Monday and I'm pretty excited! Just thought I would share my happy news!)

No comments:

Post a Comment