Thursday, April 21, 2011

I am not obsessed with TV.

Just stating that for the record.

However, there are a number of shows that I enjoy, as we all do, on occasion. For some reason, I've found myself to be rather enamoured of the opening titles of a few of them. Like, I actually enjoy watching the opening titles because they are clever, or cute, or the music is good, or they're just well-crafted. Is that weird? Here are a few that I absolutely LOVE...

The IT Crowd - the show is brilliantly funny, the characters are some of the best in the world and the humour is smart and silly. But the opening theme really says it all.




True Blood - the first two seasons were fantastic. It has been inconsistently good since then, but I can never get enough of the opening theme... it's just so shocking, vivid and artistic (and also slightly NSFW).






The Whitest Kids U' Know - Um, so this show is really not for the sensitive or squeamish. The first few times I watched it I loathed it, but if you can get past the shockhorror comedy style of The Kids' sketches, it is actually really, really funny. It isn't the kind of show I'd recommend to most people I know. The opening theme is great though!






(I probably should have warned you that it's kind of an earworm...)

Those are just a few of my favourites. I know there are tons of other great opening themes out there in TV land. What's your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment