Friday, August 19, 2011

Ain't No Sunshine.

I had to google how to spell "ain't" -- apostrophe or not? Yes, apostrophe, it turns out. I'm actually kind of proud that I didn't instinctively know how to spell it, despite seeing it a million and eight times in myriad books and song lyrics. Not knowing how to spell a word that isn't really supposed to be a word is a good thing, right? Or is it a completely different kind of ignorance?

Hmm...

Anyway, as promised, I'm back to blogging. School is now finished, so I need something to do again.

I'm a little overwhelmed by some feelings at the moment, and I seem to be going back to a lot of the same old songs, movies, whatever... familiar things to soothe my soul and allay the feeling of distance that I'm experiencing. I don't imagine you'd find them particularly inspiring at the moment so I'll keep them to myself.

But I just read THIS ARTICLE about the cinematic archetype known as the Manic Pixie Dream Girl, which may be one of the best articles I've ever read about anything, ever. I don't want to spoil it... so please take a few minutes and read it for yourself. I suspect you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment