Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rock 'n' Roll Nerd!

Last night I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Tim Minchin live at the Wintergarden Theatre in downtown Toronto. I'm going to try not to gush, but... he was just brilliant! I knew it would be great, but he totally exceeded my expectations. The man really is a fantastically talented musician and comedic genius. And he just has this way about him that is so endearing. Anyone who can pull off "scathingly ironic yet heart-stoppingly adorable" ranks extremely high in my Book of People who are Awesome.

He opened with my favourite Tim song...



(this above clip is from his "So Live" DVD).
To prove I was really there, here is a terribly blurred out photo of him performing that I took sneakily and quickly because photography was against the rules, of course...


To be fair, I didn't have my real camera with me, just my old little point-and-shoot that I carry around for just-in-case moments.


Anyway, like I said... amazing show! He performed a perfect mix of new material and old favourites. I laughed from start to finish and left the theatre with a perma-smile plastered on my face.

Speaking of the theatre, the Wintergarden is so pretty! This was my first time there, and I really just want to go back with my Nikon D90 and spend the day taking pictures in there. I have never seen such a spectacularly lovely and cool theatre before! My photos (again, taken on my shitcam) don't do it justice.










I couldn't find a suitable website to link to... so if you're curious and want to see more, just google Elgin & Wintergarden Theatre.

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously the coolest person that I know! Loved this post (even though I'd never heard of the guy before). Glad you had fun on your night out. Perma-smiles are good!

    ReplyDelete